Workforce Analyst at NZ Police, Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Auckland - Auckland Central;Auckland - Helensville;Auckland - Manukau;Auckland - Manurewa;Auckland - Otara;Auckland - Papakura;Auckland - Pukekohe;Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Workforce Analyst, it starts with you!
- Based at Piki Ki Te Ao
- Band F
- Permanent, Full time
- Nationally Advertised Vacancy
About the role
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others
As a Workforce Analyst you will be responsible for analysing data and actioning daily tasks to optimise the NZ Police 105 workforce. Our goal/purpose is to ensure efficient and effective response operations. You will use data, statistical modelling, and predictive analytics to assess workforce needs and develop staffing plans for our 105 centre. You will also work closely with the 105 Managers to identify and address workforce-related issues and ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
If you thrive in a dynamic, supportive environment, you will love this team. This role could be likened to being an Air Traffic Controller, except with people replacing planes. Most days are different and rewarding. Out team encourages emerging spreadsheet superstars or those who are keen to have a play with tools to achieve process improvement.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical skills and who enjoys a task-orientated environment with robust processes in place. A background in Workforce Management or real-time analyst positions would be an advantage. You will need to be able to multi-task, work well under pressure, solve problems and be able to complete all work with accuracy. The ability to quickly build and maintain relationships with excellent verbal and written communication skills is also essential.
- Provide support, expert advice and guidance with targeted reporting to 105 Comms
- Be involved in daily Planning and Logistics
- Have ownership of time critical tasks
- Analyse workforce data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement in 105 services operations.
- Develop staffing plans and workforce models that align with 105 services objectives and service level agreements.
- Develop and maintain scheduling systems and tools that ensure proper staffing levels and compliance with labour laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with 105 services managers to address workforce-related issues, including recruitment, retention, training, and career development.
- Monitor and report on workforce performance metrics, including staffing levels, productivity, and cost-effectiveness.
- Conduct research and analysis to support 105 services strategic planning and decision-making.
- Use statistical models and predictive analytics to forecast 105 service demand and staffing needs.
- Recommend and implement process improvements that enhance 105 services workforce efficiency and effectiveness
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
What you’ll bring
- Experience in workforce analysis, preferably in the emergency services or 24/7 environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including proficiency in statistical modelling, data analysis, and predictive analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex data in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with scheduling and workforce management tools and software. Experience with Alvaria Workforce (formally known as Aspect Workforce Management) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of labour laws and regulations related to workforce management.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
Remuneration upon appointment to the role will be (starting) $73,207 - $84,993.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 5:00pm, Wednesday 29th March 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Auckland - Auckland Central;Auckland - Helensville;Auckland - Manukau;Auckland - Manurewa;Auckland - Otara;Auckland - Papakura;Auckland - Pukekohe;Auckland|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Police & emergency services|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.