Clinical Coach Physiotherapy at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Part-time 0.43FTE (34 hours per fortnight) Fix term contract – Maternity cover (1 year)
Physiotherapy Clinical Coach
Medicine & Health of Older People and Surgical & Ambulatory Services
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Waitematā
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Are you ready to share your expertise and foster learning?
We are seeking a dynamic, highly skilled and experienced Physiotherapist to work as a Clinical Coach across the North Shore and Waitakere Hospital sites.
This role allows the opportunity to work with staff in identifying areas for further development so they can reach their full potential and also contribute to the overall quality of service provision.
Within this role you will receive Professional and Clinical Leadership development.
This will include:
- Part time employment (17hrs/week)
- Dedicated Salary step: $89, 701
- Support of your personal objectives
- Regular personal professional supervision for your own support and mentoring
- Education to be able to provide staff with professional development
- Peer support from another clinical coach and experienced senior clinicians
- Networking with clinical leaders, seniors and staff grades across the organisation
- Learning opportunities to foster service development and leading quality care
- Credentialing for weekend work
- Weekly in-service training
- Opportunities to be involved in teaching and training for non-Allied Health staff across the DHB.
Key skills and attributes of this role: (see link to PD for full details)
- New Zealand registered Physiotherapist
- Existing coaching experience and proven clinical expertise in several clinical areas.
- Strong teaching and coaching skills to work alongside staff to support and develop their clinical reasoning and autonomy
- Enable a high standard of physiotherapy care and service delivery through professional growth of staff using adult learning modules.
- Work well across teams to ensure that staff cultivates a patient centred and evidenced based approach to their practice.
- Be an exceptional role model and have excellent clinical and communication skills.
- Experience in supporting staff and students and have a keen interest and passion for developing staff in a forward thinking and busy inpatient service.
- There is a requirement to participate in the Respiratory weekend and on call roster
The clinical areas covered are varied; they include acute neurology, rehabilitation, medical, surgical and orthopaedic wards. The work is often complex, including social and discharge planning needs, thus the successful candidate require strong coaching skills to aid the team to manage caseloads in a busy and pressured environment.
The role is primarily based at North Shore Hospital but include travel to Waitakere Hospital site and the days of work for this role are negotiable and but will preferably include a Wednesday and Thursday.
Please click here for position description
We are happy to consider applications from internal candidates who wish to be considered.
For specific queries regarding the nature of the role please contact Nelmari Swanepoel, Clinical Lead for Physiotherapy Acute Inpatient Services: email@example.com or Steen Bastkjaer, Professional Clinical Lead Physiotherapy on Steen.Bastkjaer@waitematadhb.govt.nz
For general enquiries or support with your online application, please contact Bairavi Thavarasa, Recruitment Consultant on 09 442 7251.
Job number: WDHB16164
Closing date: 13th April 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.