Family Engagement Worker - Te Pae Tawhiti at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Remuneration starting from $75,617
- Dunedin Location
- Permanent Full Time position
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The purpose of this role is to work with the family/whānau and/or permanent carers, of young people placed in the Supervised Group Home, Te Pae Tawhiti.
The Family Engagement Worker (FEW) role is based in Te Pae Tawhiti - Dunedin and works with the family/whānau, significant others, or other permanent carers (in their home and at the Group Home) to understand and address the causes of the young person's behaviour. You will work alongside the family/whānau to learn about and implement the Group Home behavioural change programme for the young person throughout their placement and into post-placement transition. You will assist family/whānau to develop and improve their parenting skills and responses, strengthen their bond with their child, and develop strategies to support positive behaviours. You will utilise community resources and networks and explore opportunities to develop family/whānau skills and knowledge in supporting their child. You will also work with the young person's social worker to provide information which supports that social worker's interventions and referrals to services that will grow the family/whānau's strengths and resilience.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- Knowledge of therapeutic family work.
- Knowledge of parent education theories and methodologies (will be trained as necessary).
- Previous successful experience working with families/whānau and young people
- Knowledge of, and established links to community networks, and experience in cross agency work with community service providers, other government departments, including work in multi-cultural environments.
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular, knowledge of tikanga Māori and those of Pasifika people.
- Understanding of the statutory role and objectives of Oranga Tamariki
- Training will be provided, however, knowledge of behaviour dynamics and behaviour change strategies for young people will be an advantage.
- A tertiary psychology, social work, family therapist or other related qualification is essential.
- Registration with an appropriate professional organisation.
- A clean, current driver's licence is essential and a willingness to drive the Ministry's vehicles.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $75,617 and $83,574 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry, applications close 2nd April 2023!
Please note that we are also looking to fill the same role to be based in our group home Te Whare Tūmanako in Invercargill and applications can be made via Family Engagement Worker - Te Whare Tumanko - Oranga Tamariki
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Family Engagement Worker.PDF|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.