Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any tamariki and rangatahi can, and should, flourish.
Salary for this role is: $78,840 - $94,715 per annum, depending on experience.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
If you are passionate in making a real, positive impact to New Zealand's tamariki, rangatahi, their whanau and the community...You will be glad to know that at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children we work to bring about positive outcomes for our children, young people and their Whānau. In this meaningful and impactful role, you will:
* Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
* Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
* Complete full assessments on the tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
* Be able to hold and facilitate a hui, with a focus on supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
* Be involved in planning and delivering interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
* Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
* Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
* A full, clean, current driver's licence
* Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
* Current practicing certificate
* A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
* Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
* Experience within the child protection sector, preferably within NZ
* The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
* Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
* Great written skills as you will need to write court reports, case notes and other documents
* A positive outlook and supporting nature
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for these roles close on 28th March 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.