Kaiwhakahaere Kōpaki Ratonga | Service Portfolio Manager at Statistics NZ, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health, and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $99,472.00 - $124,651.00 negotiable + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Te tūnga | The role
This role is permanent position based in Christchurch within the Technology Services Processing service line and reporting to Senior Manager Technology Services. You'll be responsible for partnering with customers, internal and external stakeholders and partners to ensure services delivered meet and exceed customer expectations. You will work with technology teams within the service line, ensuring delivery of the work programme for the Service Line to agreed deadlines and quality standards.
The Service Portfolio Managers are a dedicated, passionate bunch of people - highly experienced and skilled in a portfolio of work focused on delivering excellence for our customers. Service Portfolio Manager's are people focused working across Stats NZ to understand business problems, collaborate with stakeholders and shape and deliver work.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to hear about any of the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- About your knowledge and experience, or willingness to learn about Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori.
- How you've demonstrated, encouraged, or supported diversity and inclusion in or outside of work.
- Examples of key relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Where you've demonstrated leadership, e.g., led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Where you've shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, learned, and applied or shared your learnings.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- Relevant technical experience
- Experience in a similar role where you have managed portfolio of work
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistics to support the decisions of Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs, and New Zealanders. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning.
Please reach out to Ashika Hogbin firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video. Please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
We encourage you to go to our careers site to learn more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Background and various pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||PD Service Portfolio Manager 160323.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.