Senior Advisor Data Quality at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Advisor Data Quality
Role: Senior Advisor Data Quality - Information Management and Data
Reports to: Manager Data Management
Job type: Permanent
If you are you passionate about data quality, then here is an exciting and challenging opportunity for you to put your data quality experience into practice to make a real difference by leading the development of a new data quality framework to uplift Oranga Tamariki's data quality.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Advisor Data Quality who wants to make their mark while supporting Oranga Tamariki's strategic ambitions to improve the lives of tamariki and rangatahi and their whanau.
The Ministry uses data extensively already, but until very recently had relied on another agency to manage data for us; now we have taken on that responsibility to deliver an effective data quality framework and practice from the ground up and across Oranga Tamariki.
About us | Mō mātou:
The data we hold is precious; it enables us to support tamariki, hapū and whānau.
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The purpose of this role is to lead the development of an effective data quality framework and its implementation with the help of the newly formed data governance groups to embed operational, tactical, and strategic practices to uplift the quality of data held by Oranga Tamariki.
Oranga Tamariki is embarking on this journey of best practice data management, and we are now ready to develop and implement new data policies, standards, and practices. We are seeking to improve data quality, governance, data sourcing, and enhanced reporting throughout our organisation. We are implementing a modern warehouse platform and have just released a modern data cataloguing tool to support this journey, particularly to assist the data quality improvements.
You will have the opportunity to bring your zest for excellence, creativity, and discipline to support our kaimahi on their data quality journey and work as part of a team of dedicated and experienced data professionals to collectively build a data management practice you can be proud of.
- Lead the development of a data quality framework that manages appropriate data quality dimensions, aligning with the organisation's requirements including Māori and Pacific Peoples Data Sovereignty considerations, specifically data quality policy, standards, and guidelines
- Lead the development of metrics for data quality and organisation wide data quality assessment
- Administer the modern data catalogue and advise data users across the Ministry on it
- Identify priority areas for improvement and develop and advise on improvement interventions
- Assist in managing how data disclosure control techniques are applied
- Assess data sets against relevant standards and define and monitor quality indicators. This includes examining data to identify potential problems, errors, and discrepancies, in terms of validity, accuracy, completeness, and consistency to ensure the appropriate level of quality
- Support the use and re-use of data through good documentation and availability of metadata
About you | Mōu
You will bring:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field in a similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others
- Experience in data quality improvement initiatives in central government or in a large organisation
- Ability to manage a diverse workload independently and deliver high quality outputs, including timely reports to management with minimal supervision
- A team player mindset with the right attitude for the team's moto: 'Together. A better Way.'
- Knowledge of all-of-government standards and Data Protection and Use Policy (2020)
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural challenges and concerns
- Knowledge of DMBOK2 principles and guidelines would be an advantage
What is in it for you | Nou te rourou:
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding opportunity with flexible working arrangements and a committed team environment where we thrive to make a meaningful difference. You have an opportunity to influence Ministry wide decisions on a modern data environment and tools including Snowflake and advanced data management and cataloguing software.
We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to support the wellbeing for our tamariki and rangatahi. This job really matters as it contributes to improving the life of children and their families.
For a full list of our employee benefits please copy and paste the link below:
How to apply | Me pehea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Tom Bowen on email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday 30th March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.