Lead Data Architect at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Lead Data Architect
Role: Lead Data Architect - Information Management and Data
Reports to: Manager, Data Management
Job type: Permanent
We are looking for an accomplished strategic lead data architect for an exciting and challenging role developing and maintaining an enterprise data architecture to support Oranga Tamariki's strategic goals and to ensure that New Zealand's tamariki can flourish.
The Ministry uses data extensively already, but we have relied on another agency to manage it for us, now we are taking on that responsibility. We have embarked on an exciting programme with new ETL tools, new data governance practice, supportive data management function, new cloud data warehousing, and the culture, tools and processes needed to manage this new way of working to address the challenging and truly diverse work ahead of us.
The data Oranga Tamariki holds is precious; it enables us to support tamariki and their whānau, it allows us to understand what works to develop and refine our services, it enables whānau, hapū, iwi and community organisations to care for their children.
About us | Mō mātou:
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The approved and funded programme needs a fully designed data architecture, utilising international best practice to deliver a design that exceeds the organisations current requirements to support future change. The Lead Data Architect will work closely with the information technology and warehouse and analytical teams. The person in this role will be an effective communicator of technical information to many levels in the organisation. We have implemented a state-of-the-art data catalogue with which we will bring your data architecture and its metadata to life to all data users in the Ministry.
This really is an exceptional opportunity to put your experience into. Here you can really make your mark for years to come.
- Lead the development and support the implementation of a full enterprise-wide data architecture, including divers source systems through to the new data warehouse
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the design optimises function, performance, implementation and maintenance feasibility, cost, and flexibility to rapidly change
- Liaise with other government agencies on external data requirements
- Understand deeply, the work that Oranga Tamariki does to input into the design maintenance of the organisation wide data architecture
- Ensure the architecture aligns with All-of-Government and international data standards
About you | Mōu
This role requires an accomplished data architect to support Oranga Tamariki's strategic goals and ensure that New Zealand's tamariki can flourish, with:
- Knowledge of enterprise data architecture and modelling standards
- Knowledge of All-of-Government data standards and guidelines
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and documentation skills
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns and knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and deliver high quality outputs with minimal supervision
- A team player mindset with the right attitude for the team's moto: 'Together. A better Way.'
If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for data and have a proven track record of success in data architecture, we would love to hear from you! Apply today to become a part of an organization in the heart of Wellington where you, at the end of an interesting day, can honestly say: My work does make a difference to the lives of children.
What is in it for you | Nou te rourou:
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding opportunity with flexible working arrangements and a supportive and committed team environment. You have an opportunity to influence decisions on, and work with, a contemporary data environment and dynamic and innovative tools (Snowflake, Matillion, SPARX, and advanced data management and cataloguing software).
We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi. This is a job which really matters as it contributes to improving the life of children and their families.
For a full list of our employee benefits please copy and paste the link below:
How to apply | Me pehea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Tom Bowen on email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday 30th March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.