Principal Advisor Communications (Māori) at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Starting salary between $138,728 and $154,142
- Flexible on working location
- Permanent opportunity
Holds relationships with key stakeholders in the portfolio, including the DCE Rōpū and where relevant, the Chief Executive and represent both our portfolio and Communications team
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Kei te kimi mātou i tētahi Kaitohutohu Matua Whakawhitiwhiti Māori
Ko te orangatonutanga o ngā tamariki me ngā rangatahi te aronga matua o Oranga Tamariki. I roto i a mātou mahi ko te whāinga matua, ko te whai i ēnei tikanga:
- Tuatahi, ko te oranga o ngā tamariki
- E whakapono ana mātou me aro pū tatou ki te aroha
- E ngākaunui ana mātou ki te mana o te tangata
- E aro nui ana mātou ki te tika me te pono
- He mea nui hoki te whakapapa ki a tatou pēpē, tamariki, rangatahi me o rātou whānau.
Communications Chief Māori Advisor will work closely and build strong relationships with Communications counterparts at iwi and Māori organisations.
This role provides trusted, integrated communications services and expertise to senior internal stakeholders, enabling them to provide excellent and equitable outcomes and representing both our portfolio and Communications team.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Ideally, you will be an experienced, passionate and resilient senior communications professional, with the ability to articulate complex issues and be adept at developing practical and achievable communications strategies. Possessing high levels of energy and resilience, you will be a driven technical expert who can inspire the group to perform at their fullest potential.
Key requirements of the role include but not limited to:
- Proven experience in the Communications, Culture Building and Engagement or Media Management with a reputation for excellence
- Demonstrated experience working closely with Senior Managers to deliver multi-faceted, complex projects.
- An understanding of underlying issues facing pēpē and tamariki Māori, with an understanding of te reo Māori and tikanga
- Strategic thinking, with the ability to turn ideas into actions
- Ability to influence and lead change
- Ability to fully integrate a broad range of communications and engagement initiatives, resulting in an effective, efficient, and strategic work plan
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this band 19 position starts between $138,728 and $154,142 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role close on 30th March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Principal Advisor Communications (Māori) Position Description - March 2023.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.