Project Business Partner - Mt Roskill Oranga at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time, permanent role based in our Hobsonville office
- Work in once in a lifetime projects that are changing and improving New Zealanders lives
- Commercial business partnering, financial modelling and reporting focus
- Large scale projects in land development and infrastructure
- $5.8 billion programme of works
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary $123,648 per annum + 5 weeks annual leave and other benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Project Business Partner plays an integral role within Kāinga Ora, helping ensure the organisation has a strong understanding of our performance (both financial and non-financial), as it relates to major or large-scale projects, and utilises that information to make informed decisions.
This position partners with the Project and Finance teams within Kāinga Ora, to provide insightful, financial analysis and reporting. This is undertaken in partnership with the Project teams to lead the delivery of objective, data-driven, future focused advice and solutions to support the current strategy and future delivery of programme goals. Insightful financial management, reporting and analysis from this role will help to optimise outcomes for a precinct development/Large-Scale Project (LSP) with spend ranging from $0.3b to $1.2b over five years.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Relevant professional tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting or Quantity Surveying and a minimum of 8-10 years of equivalent, directly related work experience
- Deep and extensive expertise in project finance for complex civils and/or large-scale development projects
- Proven track record and experience in financial analysis, project reporting, budgeting and forecasting and monitoring
- A proven record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals, groups and peers - able to negotiate and influence, manage competing interests, manage conflict and work effectively with senior leadership, senior managers, and multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Oracle, and Estate Master (property/land development management software) or similar systems
- Demonstrated experience working with systems and processes to automate and lift the quality of reporting outputs
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Applications close on Friday 31st March 2023
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Project Business Partner PD (A10394298).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.