Business Partner at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Bring your Business Partnering & Advisory expertise to the role
- Driving strategic leadership decision making & influence performance outcomes
- Permanent opportunity to join our Business Partnering Team - Auckland location
- Competitive Salary + 5x weeks Annual Leave + Employee Benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Business Partner provides influential strategic commercial and financial advice and support to the Group they are aligned to.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
To be successful in this role the Business Partner will have
- An MBA or a Masters in Finance or Economics or professional qualification (CPA, CIMA, CAANZ, CFA) together with demonstrated business acumen and in-depth relevant experience in a commercial environment.
- Understanding of the industry in the context of the current market climate.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic, operational and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness and ability to provide fresh thinking and insights to the business and confidence to constructively challenge current thinking.
- Demonstrated in-depth analytical and problem-solving ability to interpret information critically, and disti key customer and operational challenges and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually, looking for potential issues that may impact on financial strategy, and develop appropriate responses in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in plain language.
- Sound judgement, discretion and proven ability to work under pressure.
- The behavioural characteristics and skills required to work in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Interest in public sector structure, governance, processes and systems.
- Experience navigating and operating in a regulated environment, experience working constructively across functions and track record of building and maintaining the trust of all stakeholders.
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11.55pm on 29th March 2023
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.