Senior Data Analyst at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent opportunity
- Wellington, Hamilton or Dunedin
- Flexible work from home up to 3 days per week
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. We put our customers first, showing manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It's to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we'll be there.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced analyst to join our Operational Analytics team.
If you have well-developed skills in SQL, written & visual Analytics, and Statistical Modelling then we'd love to hear from you.
You will be curious, enjoy questioning the status quo and enjoy working in an organisation with a true appetite for transformational change.
As a Senior Analyst in the Operational Analytics team, you will be responsible for developing effective solutions for organisational performance monitoring, translating data into meaningful recommendations, insights, and information products. You will assist in development and maintenance of operational and predictive models which enable our key stakeholders to make informed business decisions.
ACC is currently shifting its data analytics into the Cloud, giving our analysts the opportunity to work with modern tools such as Snowflake and Python.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, working alongside leaders to identify opportunities to provide insights and support effective decision making to improve operational performance
- Excellent communication and influencing skills along with business and analytical writing skills
- A demonstrated ability to think conceptually, and to translate new and emerging ideas into evidence-based insights and analysis
- Good data visualisation and storytelling skills
- A high level of initiative and the ability to challenge the status quo
- Leadership qualities such as mentoring, coaching and end-to-end delivery
- A strong understanding and experience with complex data, querying databases and use of analytical tools and statistical techniques. Experience using SQL and Power BI (or similar tools) is required. Python, R and data science skills would be an advantage
- Must have relevant qualification with a minimum of three year's work experience
Benefits of working in this team:
- You will be part of a collaborative and supporting team environment within a wider team of analysts
- There will be a genuine commitment to developing your skills/capability
- You will have plenty of opportunities to be part of real-world analytics project(s) geared towards improving data/analytics use in operational decision making
- The team promotes flexible working conditions so opportunity to design your own working lifestyle
- Be part of a team that is committed to improving lives of many through the data and analytics use
Competitive remuneration package between $97,888 - $126,677 depending on skills and experience plus a generous 9% superannuation contribution.
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
To view the full position description please click Senior Reporting Analyst.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pn, Friday 31st March, however we may move forward with interviewing sooner, so please apply as soon as possible if you are interested. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role, please email Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.