Data Collection Specialist | Hamilton (part-time & remote) at Statistics NZ, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Data Collection Specialist | Hamilton (part-time & remote)
Permanent part-time seasonal contract Start - April
Collaborate with us in improving life in Aotearoa. Be a part in creating a better future for New Zealanders.
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Te tūnga | The role
This role is all about the people. On a typical day, our Data Collection Specialists (DCS) are out in the community, creating and building meaningful relationships with local families and individuals.
Big part of this role entails:
- Field work, visiting local homes to conduct face-to-face interviews with respondents
- Remote work from home via phone and email to schedule visits and follow up with respondents
Through these data collection activities, our DCSs contribute to the creation of resources and information that aims to improve and enhance life in NZ. To learn more, check out the list of our surveys here.
This remote work requires someone who can work efficiently on their own and must have access to fast and reliable internet, a current driver's license, and a roadworthy vehicle. We will set you up to work from home, and provide you with the equipment, training, and on-going support you need to succeed and remain safe while carrying out your work.
Current pay grade $47,461 - $ 55,837 + superannuation, and minimum guaranteed hours of 37.5 hours work per fortnight with opportunities to increase your hours. Many of our respondents find afternoons, evenings, and weekends more convenient, so your flexibility within these times will be required.
Note: We are recruiting for this role 'Nationwide', so please indicate your preferred location in your cover letter/screening questionnaire during the application process.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
- Strong ability to communicate with people
- Time optimiser
- Relationship and rapport builder
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus
- Access to fast and reliable internet service at home for work-related activity
- A current full driver's licence and a reliable vehicle with comprehensive vehicle insurance
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends
- Digital and technical literacy with good time management skills
- A desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- Collaborates effectively with other teams, self-motivated, and willingness to develop new skills
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health, and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, race, ability, religion, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning.
Please reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interviews. You will be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone and/or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Data Collection Specialist PD 2022.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.