Workplace Administrator at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Competitive salary ranging from $55,096 - $60,773, depending on experience
- Join a great and supportive team and grow your administration experience
- Permanent role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Do you want to make a difference to New Zealand's tamariki, rangatahi, whānau and communities?
Come and join our great, supportive and fun team and grow your administration experience to new heights with our team at Palmerston North, sitting within our Services for Children and Families group.
The Services for Children and Families groups work with families, whānau and the wider community to create circles of protection and care around children whose wellbeing is at risk. They look after a comprehensive set of services for our children and young people, spanning prevention through to early adulthood services. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for administration needs of Social Work kaimahi including assistance with financial plans, data collection and regional scheduling
- Liaise with vendors, casual staff and other stakeholders
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Scheduling interview appointments, co-ordinating community based programmes for our young tamariki and rangatahi.
- Booking rooms, answering phones and assisting on the reception desk
- Deal with critical scenarios in a calm, professional manner
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Support the team with all aspects of Health and Safety
- Have a strong computer and IT knowledge
- Organise and support the Social Worker team on a daily basis
- Admin skills such as typing, reporting, responding to building and Site needs
- cultural awareness and an understanding of Tikanga Māori principles
- a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this position close on 2 April 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Workplace Administrator Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.