Clinical Team Leader - Occupational Therapy at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) providing leadership and support to a committed team at Burwood Hospital (Rehabilitation and Older Persons Health).
- Improve your work-life balance - Monday to Friday approximately 0730-1600
- Registration with the NZ Occupational Therapy Board and an Annual Practicing Certificate is essential.
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
As a Clinical Team Leader, you will be responsible for managing a team of Occupational Therapists, ensuring that they provide exceptional care and support to our patients. The team collaborates closely with the wider multidisciplinary team to guarantee a wholistic approach to patient care.
This position is a crucial member of our leadership team and will take responsibility for leadership of the Older Persons health - Physical and Mental Health teams . You - ll be responsible for motivating and inspiring your staff to achieve a high level of productivity, efficiency and clinical effectiveness. Along with maintaining a clinical case load, you will also support your team in training and developing and improve the quality of patient care. You - ll work collaboratively with the Allied Health Clinical Manager and other Clinical Team Leaders.
Ko wai koe | About You
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong leadership and management skills. The ability to adapt to change and be self-motivated in this environment is essential.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the day-to-day provision of a high-quality clinical service, primarily within the Older Persons Health service (6 wards)
- Working closely with the leadership team and wider multidisciplinary colleagues to identity and implement service improvement initiatives;
- Maintaining a designated clinical case load; within the Burwood Hospital Campus in Older Persons Health.
- Supporting and fostering the development of approximately 18 direct report Occupational Therapy team members, including Allied Health assistants
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- A sound clinical background in a rehabilitation hospital setting (a minimum of 5 years - experience post-qualification is desirable);
- An understanding of core business needs of Occupational Therapy service provision;
- Previous experience in leading a team and/or project management is desirable;
- Sound working knowledge of local, national and international health systems is strongly desired;
- Proven experience in training and supervision of staff with the ability to foster and support the development of a team both collectively and on an individual basis;
- Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of NZ and current APC is essential (or eligibility to obtain).
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Jenny Bailey, Recruitment Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.