Team Leader Financial Services at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Team Leader Financial Services - Full Time, Permanent - Rotorua
- Great opportunity for someone with people management and finance experience within financial services
- Do you enjoy implementing new systems and processes?
- Do you want to join a challenging and supportive team where you can make a difference?
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The Team Leader Financial Services co-ordinates and supervises activities and workflow management across Accounts Payable, Purchase Card and Expense Management, Accounts Receivable and Credit Control on behalf of Oranga Tamariki.
- Coordinate and supervise the Financial Services team activities
- Ensure that the external information is updated in a timely manner to Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- Provide coaching and guidance for individual performance and development
- Build and maintain highly credible and valued professional relationships.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- Knowledge of accounting processes and practices
- Ability to deliver the expected benefits from relevant financial business improvements in systems and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in managing internally focused relationships
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, across the spectrum of Oranga Tamariki functions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audience and build and maintain rapport with others
- Ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of tikanga Māori and Pacific people's culture is desirable
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding career pathway with flexible working opportunities and a committed team environment where we strive to make a difference.
We offer a competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's framework, as well as generous benefits - https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are already an Oranga Tamariki employee, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 31 March 2023
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.