Senior Analyst Quality Systems at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Analyst Quality Systems, Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children
Based in Wellington
Permanent, Full Time
- Are you passionate about using your skills to make a difference for tamariki?
- Use your analytical and insights generation skills to support monitoring and continuous improvement in the quality of frontline practice.
- Be part of a team that values innovation, leadership, and professional development.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Reporting to the Manager Quality Systems and Analysis, you will take the lead in ensuring quality data, analysis and insights are used to support strategic and operational oversight and decision making. You'll engage in a broad range of work, from developing data collection mechanisms and designing survey methodology, to responding to requests for information and finding innovative ways to present data. Your work will also involve engagement with leadership and stakeholders to provide insights and advice, enabling them to make informed decisions as we strive to achieve positive outcomes for tamariki.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Excellent analytical skills and a high level of experience in data analysis, reporting and insights generation.
- Experience in survey design and understanding of survey sampling methods.
- Strong self-management skills.
- The attitude of a team player and the willingness to contribute to a positive, can-do, and results-driven culture.
- A desire to take initiative, innovate and continuously improve.
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Application close date: 10th April 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Analyst Quality Systems - Position Description - March 2023 (1).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.