Principal Project Managers - Let's Get Wellington Moving at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Principal Project Managers
Looking for a new challenge? Bring your skills and experience to New Zealand's most exciting city shaping project and the biggest investment in transport Wellington has ever seen.
About us | Ko wai mātou
The team at Let's Get Wellington Moving (LGWM) is passionate about developing and delivering a transport system that supports Wellington's growth while making it safer and easier to move around. LGWM's vision is to build a great harbour city, accessible to all, with attractive places, shared streets, and efficient local and regional journeys. To realise this vision, the programme is focused on moving more people with fewer vehicles.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
We are recruiting for Principal Project Managers reporting to the PMO Practice Lead to join our project team in Wellington. Let's Get Wellington Moving is an exciting, dynamic and complex work environment. Proactivity, flexibility, innovation, and collaboration are highly valued and critical for the programme's success.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing various aspects of the project(s), including planning, risk identification, project budget, resource identification, stakeholder management and reporting
- Leading the development of detailed design for projects
- Developing and maintain the project management plan and associated schedules for the pre-implementation and implementation phase
- Identifying risks early that may impact the delivery of the business case (as identified) and implementation of physical works for example reputational and political, ensuring these are raised in a timely manner with associated strategies for mitigation
About you | Ko koe tēnei
You have a relevant engineering or project management degree with at least 15+ years of relevant experience undertaking transport projects in complex urban environments. To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following;
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage projects within multi-modal transport environments
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience building and leading teams of consultants and contractors to deliver a programme of work
You will work closely with the broader project team and various stakeholders. We are looking for a team player with strong communication skills, who can build enduring relationships, remain calm and optimistic under pressure and demonstrate empathy.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Waka Kotahi is advertising this role on behalf of Let's Get Wellington Moving. The $7.4 billion programme is a joint initiative between Wellington City Council, Greater Wellington Regional Council, and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency.
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
If you are a contractor/temp currently working with Waka Kotahi, you may apply for internal vacancies however please note that we will give consideration to permanent employees first.
Don't see the Refer button? This role is only able to be applied for by internal candidates so you are unable to refer external candidates for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.