Radiation Therapist - New Zealand at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent Full time positions available
- Join a large, supportive team of healthcare professionals and refine your clinical skills.
- Must be eligible for registration as a radiation therapist by the Medical Radiation Technologists Board of New Zealand
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
This is your chance to join a health system that truly cares. Here in Ōtautahi, Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand, Canterbury] is a world leader in the delivery of integrated healthcare, and right now we have the opportunity for you!
As a highly skilled Radiation Therapist, you will be eager to play a key role in continuing our drive of constant improvement, provide exceptional care and delivery of service, and enjoy a varied and fast paced environment.
Our Radiation Therapy department at Christchurch Hospital currently has multiple exciting opportunities for qualified Radiation Therapists to join us on a Permanent full-time basis! We are an experienced team who are passionate about continued professional development and supporting team education. Our department has 4 Elekta linear accelerators, a Siemens 64 slice CT scanner and Monaco treatment planning system. The department provides a gynaecological and prostate HDR brachytherapy service and uses Mosaiq as its patient management system.
The department currently provides a full range of radiation therapy services including VMAT, DCAT, SABR(lung), SRT Brain Metastases, deep inspiration breath hold and the full spectrum of IGRT modalities. Development and expansion into other sites using IMRT/SBRT techniques is ongoing.
We have a strong departmental culture with a focus on providing excellence in patient care. The department offers a great work-life balance including 5 annual weeks leave per year.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, delivering and recording radiation treatment accurately and efficiently;
- Proving information and education to patients and their family/whanau where appropriate;
- Assisting with the clinical training and ongoing clinical assessment of Radiation Therapy students, in conjunction with the clinical tutor;
- Identifying areas of improvement and displaying enthusiasm to participate in change.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- Developed technical skills in radiation treatment planning and delivery, brachytherapy, and radiation oncology patient management systems;
- Must be eligible for registration as a Radiation Therapist by the Medical Radiation Technologists Board of New Zealand;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team;
- 2 years experience as a Radiation Therapist preferred but not essential.
- A commitment to quality outcomes and patient-centred care.
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Jenny Bailey, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
Applications will be progressed as they apply
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.