Manager, Māori Health Relationships at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Support the delivery of ACC's Māori Health Strategy
- Competitive salary with a generous 9% superannuation contribution
- Permanent opportunity available
- Preferably Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington locations
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. It's to put our customers first, showing them manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It's to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we'll be there.
Mō tenei tūrana mahi / About this role
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as our new Manager, Māori Health Relationships. This is a newly created management role accountable for coaching, developing and supporting our team of Relationship and Engagement Managers. You will lead a team of passionate kaimahi who are responsible for building and managing strong relationships to support the delivery of kaupapa Māori solutions.
Our team is focused on changing the way we respond to the needs of whānau and creating a more equitable ACC for Māori. We will be working closely with Māori organisations and hapori to explore what good services and outcomes look like, now and in the future.
Some of the important mahi you will be involved in
- Day to day line management of all Māori Relationship Managers and Relationship and Engagement Managers.
- Building and leading a cohesive, supportive and engaged team who are clear on their purpose.
- Monitoring team and individual performance and driving results through regular collaborative coaching discussions.
- Professional learning and development of individuals and communities
- Working with the wider Māori Health team to ensure the prioritisation and delivery of resourcing and work aligns with the vision, values and strategic direction of ACC.
- Developing and maintaining standards and guidelines that encompasses a best practice Relationship and Engagement Management approach.
- Working collaboratively with procurement and commercial specialists evaluating suppliers, products and services, negotiating contracts and acquiring cost-efficient quality services.
- Championing opportunities to embed Whāia Te Tika and promote diversity and inclusion.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role
- Senior level experience managing and developing large professional teams and implementing Māori and cultural development frameworks within an organisation (preferably in the health sector).
- Proven experience and good knowledge of Te Reo Māori me onā nei Tikanga with a deep understanding of Māori values, political and social systems.
- Proven track record in capability improvement.
- Significant experience in driving and leading through change.
- Solid understanding of procurement and contract management practices.
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information.
- Proven experience and good knowledge of te ao Māori measurement, conceptual and outcome frameworks.
- The ability to think strategically and use solid judgement, with a superior ability to prioritise complex tasks, make timely decisions and trouble-shoot problems.
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
To tell you a little more about us, we are a dynamic, passionate Māori Health team, who are very committed to improving outcomes for Māori, by improving their experience of ACC and changing it into a positive one. The team is friendly and supportive with great senses of humour. We are very proud of the mahi we have achieved to date and have a bit further to travel to get us to where we want to be. If this is a role that sounds like a great fit for you, then apply today.
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- the option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
We offer an attractive salary $114k to $145k depending on experience, plus 9% super, along with an opportunity to grow and develop your career in one of New Zealand's leading government agencies.
Read a detailed position description: Position Description.pdf
Applications will close on Sunday 4 June 2023.
Please attach your cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you will be a great fit for the role. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.