Core/Experienced Neurodevelopment Therapist (Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist) Child Development Team at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Calling on all Physiotherapist/ Occupational Therapist/NDT
Full Time (1FTE)
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 1 $58,513 - 9 $87,192)
- Flexible working, including working from home
- Professional development package – training & registration
- Supportive team environment
- Relocation subsidy
- Green list for Immigration Pathway to Residency
Kidz First Child Development Team (CDT) are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and confident therapist to join our Neuro Developmental team. The ideal candidate will be either Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist/NDT that has a passion to work with babies 0-2 years and a desire to make a difference in our community.
The team is based at Kidz First Community Health in Manukau, South Auckland. You will be supported by a team of therapists, Clinical Leader, and a Team Leader. The team environment is fun yet goal orientated with a strong focus on improving outcomes for children with disabilities in our community. Our team support a high Maaori and Pacifica population and would welcome applicants from these communities as well.
In this role, you will work with a paediatric population (0- 2 ½ years) in a transdisciplinary holistic manner. We work with children with a range of diagnoses including, but not limited to pre-term babies with additional developmental needs, cerebral palsy, global developmental delay, muscular atrophy , chromosomal abnormities and spina bifida. We also provide therapy for children with a neurodevelopmental diagnosis. The role is varied and you will have the opportunity to support children with therapeutic interventions, orthotics and equipment prescription.
The service involves predominantly home visits with some work in clinic settings, tele- health and opportunities to participate in group therapy sessions.
You will work in partnership with the patient, whaanau and other healthcare providers (e.g Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Speech Language therapist; social workers, dieticians & nurses) in order to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate outcomes of care. This role is challenging but always rewarding!
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Interest in Paediatrics and desire to learn new skills within the paediatric setting
- Excellent handling/ facilitation skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with whaanua, peers, internal and external agencies
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently, but also as part of a wider team
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Annual practising certificate is refunded for every additional year of service
- A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, accommodation, car rental, shipping freight (T’s & C’s apply)
- Support with Immigration/Visa
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Now”.
To review the position description, please ''click here''. If you have questions about this role, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2760044 ext 58680 or via email email@example.com.
Applications Close: 09 June 2023
Job Number: CMH202311289
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.