Kaitohutohu Tuakana Kaupapahere - Principal Policy Analyst at Ministry for Women, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join an enthusiastic policy group dedicated to improving outcomes for all women in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Provide gender analysis across policy development
- Participate in cross agency programmes and initiatives
Mō Manatū Wāhine - About Manatū Wāhine Manatū Wāhine Ministry for Women is the Government's principal advisor on improving the lives of wāhine women and kōtiro girls in Aotearoa New Zealand. We provide system leadership, working across government and with stakeholders to improve outcomes for wāhine women and kōtiro girls.
This position will also provide the opportunity to contribute to work across the Ministry's key outcome areas, which focus on issues of importance for New Zealand women and contribute to specific projects in our work programme as required.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi - About this role
Wellington, 1 FTE permanent role (full-time is 38 hours per week)
We are seeking a talented Kaitohutohu Tuakana Kaupapahere - Principal Policy Analyst (Labour market) to join our Policy team. You will play a leading role in developing and delivering our labour market work programme that shapes the employment future for all women and is made relevant for diverse groups because of the intersectional lens you bring to all your policy work. In this role, you will be supporting the Manager Policy and the development of team members.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your analytical policy skills. To be successful in this role, you will have a good understanding of Aotearoa - New Zealand labour market on issues such as regional workforce, skills and labour market trends, with a Wāhine focus.
You will also bring the following attributes:
- Integrates a commitment to Te Tiriti, and Te Ao Māori and is comfortable to offer intersectional Wāhine Māori and gender advice
- Sound experience working with Ministers and senior leaders
- Plans and manages work, leads project teams, and develops and maintains relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, regionally and nationally
- A good understanding of economic principles and the New Zealand economy
- Advanced communication skills (both oral and written) and shaping messages for different audiences.
- Extensive experience working in public policy and a thorough understanding of the machinery of government
- Regulatory and Legislative understanding of Government would be advantageous
- Ability to coach and support members of the team
- Enjoys working in person and online
Ko koe tēnei - About you
Our people are crucial to achieving the strategic outcomes we are seeking. We are looking for a talented policy professional with a proven track record of delivery to join our team and help us deliver for wāhine women.
You will bring solid experience in policy development, excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong analytical skills. Ideally you will bring knowledge of applying Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles to your work or demonstrate an interest in developing your understanding and capability in this area.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
The salary range for the role is: Kaitohutohu Tuakana Kaupapahere - Principal Analyst - $115,923 to $147,183.
To apply for this position, send the completed application form, a cover letter which outlines why you are interested in the role, and your CV which highlights your skills, knowledge, and experience relevant to the role to the Deputy Secretary, Policy.
Please send these documents and the completed application form to the Deputy Secretary Policy via our email address email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 5 June 2023.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values inclusion, diversity, and accessibility. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us to improve outcomes for wāhine women and kōtiro girls. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
If you would like us to consider a flexible working arrangement, please let us know how that might best work for you as part of your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Women|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.