Clinical NeuroPsychologist (metabolic), Starship Children's Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Starship Child Health!
Here is an exciting opportunity for a Clinical NeuroPsychologist to work in our Paediatric Consult Liaison Team with Starship Children’s Health!
- Fixed Term, Part-time role of 0.2 to 0.3 FTE for 6-months
- Development opportunity for an experienced clinician
- Working with Mokopuna and whānau under the care of the National Metabolic Service .
- Location: Starship Hospital
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a part-time role available within the Starship Consult Liaison Team, for an experienced Clinical NeuroPsychologist to provide high quality neuropsychology and clinical psychology assessments and interventions for Mokopuna and their whānau attending the Starship Services. This position is based at Starship Hospital.
We are a friendly, hard-working and motivated service that provide mental health assessments and interventions for Mokopuna and their whānau attending Starship inpatient and outpatient services.
To view a full Position Description, please click here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As a qualified NeuroPsychologist, you will:
- Have a Postgraduate training in Neuropsychology/post graduate diploma in Clinical Psychology or equivalent
- Registered Psychologist in the Clinical Psychologist scope of practice and meeting/able to work towards meeting the requirements for the neuropsychology scope of practice
- Supervised experience in standard paediatric psychology assessments
- Provision of neuropsychology screening and comprehensive assessments as part of the multidisciplinary treatment and follow-up.
- Provision of high quality evidence based clinical child and adolescent psychological service including child psychology assessment, therapies and interventions for children and adolescents and their whānau with paediatric medical or surgical conditions
- Have practiced safely within the field of neuropsychology for at least 3 of the last 5 years with regular professional supervision appropriate for his or her work in this area.
- Clinical Experience in child and adolescent psychology and in paediatric medical settings
- Member of NZ Psychological Society and/or NZ College of Clinical Psychology
To learn more about the role, please contact Dr Louise Webster, Service Clinical Director –LouiseW@adhb.govt.nz or Dr Heather McDowell, Psychology Practice Supervisor – HeatherM@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Te Toka Tumai | Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre committed to delivering whānau-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first, and values whānau (family) as an important member of the care team.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role in your covering letter and CV quoting job reference ADHB18044.
To view details about our recruitment process, click here.
To apply please click 'apply now' below. If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Honey Pillai, Recruitment Consultant at HPillai@adhb.govt.nz
Advertising Closes: 5 June 2023
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.