Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you looking for an exciting permanent social work position? We are offering full time positions at our vibrant multi-cultural site based in Palmerston North.
Ideally you will have sound social work experience to contribute and build on, however, we also welcome applications from graduate social workers. We are offering a competitive remuneration starting from $76,284 to $94,715, depending on experience.
In Palmy we're working with tamariki and whānau to make positive changes in our community. We need people who have knowledge, experience and who are deeply passionate about whānau wellbeing.
We acknowledge that there is much work to do but we are up for it. If you think you have what it takes, then apply to join our team in Palmy. Our Site works hard to do things differently within the foundation of a whānau led approach focused on awhi and supporting whānau in mana-enhancing ways.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
Our team of practitioners are a group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Holding a hui; supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Be involved in planning interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potentialv
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
We are looking for outstanding Social Workers with the following experience:
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A strong and genuine commitment to strength-based practice
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills with excellent report writing skills
- An authentic commitment to working alongside whānau is essential
- Soft skills, emotional empathy, teamwork and leadership.
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications close on Tuesday 6th June 2023!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.