HR Coordinator at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Fixed term roles based in Wellington
- Flexible working hours with a genuine commitment to wellbeing
- Supportive team with training and development opportunities
Springboard your Human Resources career with an exciting opportunity at Oranga Tamariki
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We currently have multiple opportunities for HR Coordinators to join the HR Services team within the HR. you will provide first tier HR advice to our kaimahi and managers in line with our internal policies, procedures, and employment agreements =You will provide HR Coordination support on a range of functions that fall within our end-to-end HR process.
Some duties will include but not limited to:
- Workflow creation providing advice on HR policies and tools to managers
- Preparing letters of offer and letters of variations to terms & conditions
- Managing the onboarding process for all kaimahi (workforce)
- Providing quality and timely advice to managers and employees via ServiceNow
- This is a fantastic opportunity for you to prove your ability as a seamless coordinator, offering support that is second to none and excelling in a position that is crucial to the working of the team. This is a busy role in a complex organisation, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to grow your HR knowledge within a supportive team environment.
You will also work alongside an exceptional, supportive & knowledgeable team with opportunities for regular training.
At Oranga Tamariki we want to empower our people with Flexible working arrangements to be their best at both work and home, and ultimately better meet the needs of our tamariki. That is why we are embracing flexible working by default. Our approach is that all roles are treated as flexible unless there is a good business reason not to be and working flexibly does not undermine career progression or opportunities.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
This role will suit someone who is a recent HR Graduate or someone with a passion in HR looking to move into this field. You'll be someone who enjoys problem solving, is patient, shows exemplary communication and provides a high level of customer service.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary discipline in HR or strong experience in administrative or customer service-based roles
- A high aptitude for working with various systems
- Able to multitask a range of activities with impeccable attention to detail
- Be highly organised with strong time management skills
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role close on Tuesday 6th June 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.