Business Analyst at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Join our team and surround yourself with people who are curious and passionate about our analysis craft and capability
- Work in a complex and dynamic ICT environment, with an exciting variety of work
- Salary from $81,942 to $95,103 per annum – Wellington based, multiple permanent roles
- Passionate about Business Analysis?
- Wanting to be part of an awesome BA team with experienced leaders who support you?
- Wanting to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders?
- Wanting opportunities to work on a wide variety of initiatives enabling you to learn and grow in a direction that interests you?
This could be the place for you.
About the team:
Our team consists of over 50 experienced high performing Business Analysis professionals giving you a unique opportunity to learn from some of the best. Our Business Analysis Capability team provide BA services to our organisation which run the breadth of our profession covering process and IT change. Our experienced leadership help guide the way and are commitment to helping our people become better. We also offer the opportunity for a variety of career paths as our team consists of Business analysts, Senior Business Analysts and Principal Business Analysts. We want you to learn, grow, contribute, bring your whole self, enjoy your time as a professional Business Analyst and as an agent of change at MBIE.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years' experience as a Business Analyst, Business Data Analyst, or Technical Analyst
- A curious mind and a desire to learn
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate this into business and technical requirements and user stories
- The ability to collaborate with others to achieve good outcomes
- The ability to build strong working relationships with managers, MBIE employees and other stakeholders
- Have a relevant tertiary or professional qualification, OR equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- You must be New Zealand Resident for last 5 years or a New Zealand Citizen to be considered for this role
- Agile and DevOps delivery methodology experience is desired
- Wellington based
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Click here to view a position description. All applications must be submitted via our online process and include a Cover Letter and CV outlining your interest and suitability for the role.
Email Roxana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/11865 if you have any further questions.
Applications close on 6th June 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.