Senior Occupational Therapist (Full Time) Community Health Service, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (step 9 $87,701 Step 12- $98,499)
- Flexible working
- Commitment to your professional development
- Highly supportive team environment
- Opportunity for weekend work
Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery, serving New Zealand’s most culturally diverse population. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. Our organisational vision is to work in partnership with our communities to improve the health status of all, with particular emphasis on Māori, Pacific people, and other populations with health disparities.
With this role you will be part of developing and implementing an innovative new service model catered to provide a smoother transition for clients from hospital to home. As a Senior Occupational therapist, you’ll be collaborating with other passionate allied health clinicians like yourself and nurse specialists to provide an interdisciplinary approach to patient care to enhance health outcomes for clients and whaanau enabling them to reach their full potential. This team will work across the five community bases delivering acute care to patients under hospital in the home, reablement and interim care, with strong links with inpatient hospital services. As a senior clinician you will also be involved in service development and quality improvement projects.
In this role you will:
- Apply advanced knowledge, skills and clinical reasoning when providing specialist intervention
- Provide specialist consultation and clinical teaching based on contemporary best-practice
- Coordinate, facilitate and model interdisciplinary practice based on a reablement philosophy
- Provide clinical leadership to the allied health team through clinical research, audit and evaluation of services and client outcomes
- Support the development of Community Health Services by providing specialist advice and input into policy, planning, and resources
This is an excellent career development opportunity for an experienced allied health professional with a passion for clinical leadership, workforce development and innovative service design. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with Allied Health Team Leaders and Advanced and senior Clinicians from other disciplines to ensure high quality, evidence-based practice throughout the Community Health Service. The role will support the development of an interdisciplinary workforce delivering care within a restorative approach.
- Registration and current APC with the relevant NZ Professional Body
- A minimum of 6 years post-graduate experience within a similar health setting
- Proven record of clinical leadership, critical thinking, and service development
- Full drivers licence
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- Onsite professional development sessions
- Generous study allowance on top of mandatory training
- A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, accommodation, car rental, shipping freight (T’s & C’s apply)
- Support with Immigration/Visa
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Counties Manukau District fully supports ongoing education and development of all employees including regular supervision, fortnightly in-services, performance development plans and supported study. If you are seeking an opportunity to work for a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery, then we would like to hear from you...
To review the position description please click here. For more information please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or Amy.Lin@middlemore.co.nz
Job Number: CMH07610
Applications Close: 07 June 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.