Rural Health Medicine Registrars- West Coast 2024 at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Greymouth
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō mātou | About Us
The West Coast of the South Island is a rugged, isolated and beautiful part of Aotearoa New Zealand. From Karamea in the north, to Haast in the south, the coast is the largest geographical Te Whata Ora locality, but with a small population of 32,500. Providing health care in this environment is without doubt challenging, and the team here have fully adopted a Rural Generalist Model to ensure an equitable, high level of care is delivered to our community. The Rural Generalist team is flexible, multi-disciplinary and highly skilled - joining us will provide you with a raft of experience within the framework of our rural hospital and community-based services. Outside of work, the West Coast will also challenge and amaze you - bring your tramping boots, surfboard, mountain bike and kayak - you will need them all!
Rural Hospital Medicine Trainee Role
We are recruiting RHM Trainees to be based throughout all wards and acute areas, working alongside our Rural Generalist Team and local/visiting specialists
The Rural Generalist Team covers primary care, urgent care, emergency medicine, general medicine, paediatrics, orthopaedics, and obstetrics/gynaecology. The hospital also has in-house specialists (obstetrics/gynaecology, general surgery) and - TransAlpine - partnerships with multiple specialities who support local care and tertiary transfers
- You will work in multiple departments
- You will have exposure to varied clinical presentations
- You will receive excellent training, support and supervision
The Rural Generalist Team is a highly motivated and supportive group of SMOs, largely formed of RHM Fellows, GPs, and FACEMS. As a RHM trainee working with us, you will be supported to increase your clinical confidence, practical skills, and autonomy. On call teams are available at all times to support you, including 777 and trauma team responses. A didactic educational programme is provided including weekly tutorials and regular simulation sessions.
The flexible and multi-disciplinary nature of the Generalist model means we can offer flexibility to you in this role to ensure you gain exposure to and experience in all disciplines within the hospital, to further your individual career needs - e.g. anaesthetics, specialists skills, transalpine clinics and primary care (especially if you are a RHM-GP dual trainee)
- The West Coast is a proudly unique, close-knit community where your work will make a real difference
- Join us as we continue to break new ground and shape our rural health system to wrap care around patients in their own homes and community
- We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
Vacancies based in Greymouth from January 2024- 6 month & 12 month contracts available
- At least three years (PGY3+) of post-graduate experience
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council - s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
We are keen to hear from you if you wish to work within the Rural Hospital environment, to find out more click here
What - s Next
Apply online, or to find out more information about the role please contact Barbara Cook on firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.