Clinical Pharmacist MHAS (1.0FTE) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mental Health & Addiction Services – Directorate of Medical & Elder Services (1.0FTE, Permanent)
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, Medical & Elder Services
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an early career Clinical Pharmacist to build a focussed knowledge base and experience in Mental Health and Addiction Services (MHAS). This is a permanent position, working 80 hours per fortnight.
This role will support, deliver and develop pharmacy services to the Mental Health and Addiction Services of Te Whatu Ora, Te Tai Tokerau.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- Providing pharmacist services and support to tangata whaiora under MHAS mainly in the community or discharging from secondary care services
- Providing knowledge and education to the team and other staff of Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau, as well as external health providers
- Evaluation and recommendation of prescribing regimens.
- Supporting the service with safe and appropriate use of medicines
Skills and experience required:
- Some knowledge and experience of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse teams and problem-solving
- Applicants must hold or be eligible to hold a current Annual Practising Certificate from the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/i-want-to-practise-in-new-zealand/
Applicants must submit a minimum of a cover letter and an up to date CV with your application.
Previous experience in a mental health and addiction setting is beneficial, but not essential. You will be part of a supportive and dynamic team, with an interesting and wide variety of work to keep you engaged and motivated, with training opportunities actively supported.
Relocation allowance may be available.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-201
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai Tokerau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||AH23-201 - JD - Clinical Pharmacist Mental Health Addiction Services.pdf (PDF, 738KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.