Senior Occupational Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Community-based paediatric Senior Occupational Therapist
- Two Permanent, full-time positions (40 hours per week)
- Monday – Friday, Greenlane Clinical Centre
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Starship Child Health is looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join our Starship Community Service. As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care and support the Occupational Therapy team and lead practice and improvement innovations. You will hold a clinical caseload providing assessment and intervention for children and young people with developmental and disability needs as part of our child development service. This is a work environment that has flexible and dynamic settings and works with diverse needs. There is an opportunity to use a range of approaches and provide neuro-affirming care. There is an opportunity to access clinical coaching to work through accreditation pathways for seating and housing. Children are seen for treatment in their homes, early education centres and other community settings. You will maintain a clinical caseload and apply clinical knowledge and skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients’/clients’ health needs.
- Work with children and whanau in the community, delivering occupationally focused assessment and intervention
- Remain focused on the pursuit of Māori health gain as well as achieving equitable health outcomes for Māori
- Apply clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning and expertise while modelling evidence-based practice
- Facilitate effective discharge planning and/or referral processes to healthcare providers’/support agencies to meet identified health needs
- Demonstrate culturally safe practice that encompasses a diverse range of beliefs, values and practices
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, working closely together to ensure the best outcomes for our patient care needs
- Thrive within a vibrant, innovative and diverse setting amongst a supportive interdisciplinary team of Dietetics, Hospital Play Specialists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Therapists and Social Workers
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- NZ registration as an Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 4+ years of post-graduate clinical work experience including a minimum of 2 years full-time experience within a paediatric setting
- Hold a full and clean NZ driver’s license
- Relevant clinical post-graduate certificate/diploma (desirable)
- Proven experience working in clinical leadership (desirable)
- It is strongly preferred that you hold Equipment Modification Services (EMS) Accreditations in Wheeled Mobility and Postural Management Level 1 and/or Housing Modifications (Complex).
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to have a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieve equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state-of-the-art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- On-the-job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
You will join our dedicated multidisciplinary team of consultants, nurse specialist, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, clinical neuropsychologists and team support who are driven by providing a high-quality clinical service across New Zealand. The Starship Rehabilitation Service is based at Starship Hospital. Clinics are conducted at the Wilson Centre, and inpatients are based at both Starship and the Wilson Centre. We will be delivering a network of outreach clinics across the country, in which you will have the opportunity to participate.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 9 $87,192 to Step 12 $98,499 (Depending on experience)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Please Apply Now as we screen applications as they come through and may close applications as soon as we have a good pool of candidates for the role.
If you have any queries about accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Vaidehi Sharma - Recruitment Consultant at VaidehiS@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB18335 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.