Rural Health Occupational Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, Greymouth
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- One permanent full time role based in Greymouth
- Registered Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Strong communication skills and client focused approach
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you - ll do with your time
- Dealing with a caseload of patients (paediatrics & adults) and their various needs;
- Assessments and treatments for our patients;
- Education of our patients and their families.
The role is responsible for the provision of quality Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment and education to patients on the West Coast, based from Greymouth.
Services provided will include all age groups & contracts including (but not limited to) older persons health, paediatrics & child development service, rehab and early supported discharge.
You will also work with the wider West Coast Occupational Therapy & Allied Health teams to ensure equity of services across the Coast.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a supportive and reliable team member to ensure the best health outcomes for people;
- You will be able to independently manage a caseload and possess advanced skills in time management and prioritisation;
- A flexible and adaptable approach to your work with the ability to think outside the square to find solutions;
- You will demonstrate cultural responsiveness, a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and be committed to the provision of quality care for patients.
- Minimum two years - experience.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn - t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
What - s Next
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.