Mental Health Crisis Occupational Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Occupational Therapist - Mental Health Acute Response Team
Mental Health Registered Health Professional – Occupational Therapist
Permanent, part time (0.8 FTE)
A rare opportunity has become available for an experienced mental health Occupational Therapist or other registered health professional to join our passionate and multi-disciplinary team at the Rotorua Acute Response and Home Based Treatment team (ART/HBT).
The Acute Response Team is a 24/7 service providing an urgent response to tangata whaiora presenting with a mental health crisis. The position is based in Rotorua but can include service delivery through-out the Lakes District, including Taupo & Turangi areas.
Are you ready for the next step in your mental health career to be challenged by a fast-paced, highly specialised work environment? And if you want to take advantage of the great lifestyle that Rotorua and surrounding area has to offer, including long sunshine hours, beautiful lakes and forest, and a range of exciting outdoor activities, then this opportunity is for you.
As a Registered Occupational Therapist you will demonstrate pathophysiological and psycho-social knowledge and skills in assessment of holistic health needs, formulation of clinical opinion, planning and delivery of care, ensuring this aligns with Te Ara Tauwhirotanga (Model of Care for Mental Health and Addiction Services). Within the acute care setting, this is an opportunity to make a real difference for people when they are most vulnerable, by working collaboratively alongside tāngata whai ora and their whānau to achieve maximum health potential that is meaningful to them.
About the role
· Demonstrate safe, quality occupational therapy practise that is evidence based and reflects best practise
· Ability to provide advanced assessment, formulation and management of complex care needs in an acute community mental health care setting
· Ability to engage in contemporary practice with an equity focus in order to achieve improved outcomes particularly for Māori accessing care
· Part time, permanent
· Roster of AM, PM and Night shifts covers 24 hours, 7 days a week.
· You must be a New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist, eligible to work in Mental Health
· Current APC with a minimum of 4 years post graduate experience in an acute mental health setting.
· Post-Graduate training in mental health will be an asset.
As per MECA, pro-rated to hours worked.
If this sounds like you, apply online now via https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of 110,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.