Personal Assistant | Nursing Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Are you an experienced and highly organized individual looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a healthcare institution?
We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Personal Assistant to join our team and provide invaluable support to the Director of Nursing's Office on the Christchurch Hospital campus. This role will play a vital role in enabling and supporting the achievement of the Director of Nursing's priorities and business objectives.
This role is Monday to Friday 0800-1630.
As part of the Administration and Clerical Pay Equity Claim settlement this role has been mapped to National Band 5 /Profile 5
For further information about the administration and clerical pay equity settlement please follow the link below:
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Director of Nursing,
- Stay up to date with technological advancements to ensure efficient communication and workflow.
- Investigate, research, analyse, and take action on agreed-upon issues.
- Triage and effectively manage communications for the Director of Nursing.
- Collaborate with and support the Director of Nursing team to achieve shared goals.
- Manage incoming and outgoing information from the Director of Nursing's Office.
- Proactively manage tasks and milestones across daily, weekly, and monthly timeframes.
- Establish and maintain an effective information and data processing system, including filing, retrieval, management, and invoice handling.
- Coordinate event preparations and content for seminars, board meetings, alliance groups, and more.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Proven experience as a personal assistant to a senior manager.
- Advanced proficiency in Outlook Mail, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Teams.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on professionalism and efficiency.
- Experienced in taking accurate meeting minutes.
- Ability to transcribe digital dictation with precision.
- Well-informed and proficient in navigating the internet.
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector.
- Undergraduate diploma/degree and/or technical certificate, e.g., Business Administration.
- Experience using project management software.
- Shorthand skills for efficient note-taking.
- Familiarity with rostering systems and travel booking systems.
Why Join Us:
By becoming a vital member of our team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in supporting the Director of Nursing's office and contributing to the success of our healthcare institution. You'll work in a collaborative environment where your skills and contributions will be recognized and valued.
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Contact Kerri McCarthy on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.