Clinical Pharmacist - Emergency Department at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki, New Plymouth Base Hospital
Permanent , 0.8FTE
Step 8 - 15 Of the PSA Meca $81,385 - $106,922
1.0FTE (80 hours per fortnight).
- Are you looking for a new challenge that will utilise your clinical knowledge and operational skills?
- Do you have the drive and skills to improve pharmacy services for patients at most acute stage of their stay?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here for information about living and working in Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,200 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced and dynamic NZ Registered Pharmacist to join our team as part of our new Emergency Department (ED) pharmacy service at Taranaki Base Hospital. This position will work closely with Emergency Department staff, pharmacy and other specialist teams to play a key role in the development of the new pharmacy service. A pharmacy service in ED aims to capture patients early in their admission to hospital optimise patient outcomes and encourage safe use of medications within the ED environment. This will be a 7-day a week, 10-12 hour per day pharmacy service.
This role is the first of several new positions within ED where you will be working alongside a team of clinical pharmacists. This is an opportunity to join a highly engaged pharmacy and ED team with a strong emphasis on clinical service provision, quality and medication safety. The ED Pharmacist role includes:
- Provide clinical pharmacy leadership within the Emergency Department
- Facilitate medicines reconciliation and clinical pharmacist review early in the patient presentation to hospital to optimise patient outcomes
- Provide expert advice to medical, nursing and other clinical staff on safe and effective use of medicines
- Provide information to patients, caregivers and whānau on safe and effective medicine use
- Promote safe medication practices and use of medication systems
- Promote and engage in collaborative, multidisciplinary relationships
- Contribute to the education and training of pharmacy and other clinical staff members
- Contribute to ED pharmacy service development and improvement
This position may include rostered on-call duties.
The position would suit a NZ Registered Pharmacist with at least 3 years’ experience in hospital pharmacy and who already has a relevant post-graduate qualification (of is working towards one)
Taranaki District Health Board is a leader in NZ Hospital pharmacy initiatives. It has a well-resourced department with a team of committed professionals. It is committed to continuing professional development and the provision of opportunities for extra study.
The department uses the e-Pharmacy Dispensing system. This is interfaced with the Pyxis automated ward dispensing and inventory system (including the CII automated controlled drug system) and the MedChart electronic prescribing system which is used on the majority of wards in the hospital. In addition, Taranaki District Health Board uses Orion SMT Medicines Reconciliation software.
We also have a dedicated eMedication management team within the pharmacy department which means that this position may be required to support staff involved in that area of work.
Click here for a job description.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 8 October 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.