Safe Staffing Coordinator - Fixed Term at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Safe Staffing Coordinator
· Fixed Term position – 1 FTE – 40 hours per week - (Maternity Cover)
· Based at Auckland City Hospital
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for the right candidate to join our team of Safe Staffing Coordinators. This is a senior nursing role, responsible for supporting the implementation and embedding of CCDM within our Adult Health, Child Health, Mental Health and Women's Health wards.
The foundation for Safe Staffing is Care Capacity Demand Management (CCDM). As a programme it supports us to balance our capacity to care across the hospital with patient demand (both acute and planned). Getting this balance right means we can provide the best quality of care for our patients and a safe enjoyable workplace for our people.
There are three main programme components:
· FTE calculations
· Variance Response Management (VRM)
· Core Data Set
These components are underpinned by Trendcare, governance and partnership between health unions NZNO, MERAS and PSA and the Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital, facilitated by the Safe Staffing Healthy Workplaces (SSHW) unit.
Trendcare is the leading patient acuity, workload management and workforce planning software/tool used widely across Australia which is utilised here at Auckland Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital. This is a great opportunity to apply your contemporary knowledge and experience in general nursing to support delivery of a specific and unique programme of work.
As a Safe Staffing Coordinator, you will:
· be part of a team responsible for system monitoring, utilisation of data and on-going training needs.
· also be involved in coordination of the CCDM (Care Capacity Demand Management) programme which utilises Trendcare data and supports the Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital to achieve their core mandate to safely and consistently match demand (the care required by patients) with the resources required (capacity) to meet this. The programme is run jointly with the nursing/midwifery unions, facilitated by the Safe Staffing Healthy Workplaces (SSHW) unit.
· ensure that end users and managers are trained to a required level of competency in their use of the Trendcare system and are supported on an on-going basis
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
· be a Registered Nurse with current NZ APC
· have prior experience in health informatics, Trendcare and CCDM
· be competent in the use of computer applications
· be a team player and detail orientated
· have confidence in adult teaching
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To contribute to shaping an exciting future and become a part of our team, submit an online application with your latest CV and cover letter quoting reference number AUC17840.
(Due to mandatory statutory declaration, applications will not be accepted via email)
For online application assistance or for any general enquiries, please contact Candida Hall, Recruitment Consultant at CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz
Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker role as defined by the Act.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.