District Nurse - Community Nursing at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you a dedicated Registered Nurse looking for a change?
- An exciting opportunity awaits at Te Toka Tumai's District Nursing team in beautiful Auckland, where you can make a meaningful impact on the health of the community.
- You will work autonomously while delivering care closer to home, with NO NIGHT SHIFTS
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Our District Nursing unit, part of the Community and Long-Term Conditions Directorate at Te Toku Tumai Auckland, is seeking Registered Nurses to join our skilled team. Bring your past experiences and skills along with you and help enrich our dynamic and committed team in delivering healthcare closer to home.
As a district nurse, you will work autonomously across our clinics and on the road, alongside a multidisciplinary locality-based team, providing care to patients in their own home. The nurse-led service operates Monday to Sunday day shift and can be across our sites based at Greenlane Clinical Centre, Point Chevalier and Glen Innes. You will be required to work across a 7-day roster with no night shift. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering patient-centric and a holistic approach to care
- Specialised wound care, including leg ulcer assessment and treatment
- Assistance with the management of intravenous medication, urinary and suprapubic catheters, continence issues, stoma care, injections - including rheumatic fever prophylaxis
- ACC nursing care
- Education and advice for clients around their healthcare needs or illness
- And a wide variety of other nursing needs including palliative care.
- Working with our specialist nursing teams
Come and join our team now! Ride the wave of primary care expansion over the next decade. Provide more care in patient’s home while being supported by IT and care technologies and be a leader of care in the home.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be considered for this role:
- You must be registered with the New Zealand Nursing Council with a current APC
- Have a full and clean New Zealand driver’s licence or an International driver's licence. (which enables you to drive in NZ).
- Experience in community nursing is desirable but we are able to offer support and education for those nurses new to community nursing.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora, Te Toka Tumai, Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
For more information about this role please contact Samantha McKinnon, Charge Nurse via firstname.lastname@example.org
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai.
Our team will provide a thorough orientation as well as good support and training to give you the confidence to carry out your role.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Candida Hall, Recruitment Consultant on email: CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz to discuss how we can best support your application.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.