Social Worker (Full Time) Inter-agency Behavioural Team, Mental Health, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (step 1 $58,513 - 8 $85,204)
- Flexible Work Arrangements + EAP + Regular Hours
- Paid Study Leave & Financial Support for External Courses
- Team Environment + Multicultural Setting + Agile Work Style
Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Gain valuable real-life experience & insights through the role of Mental Health Social Worker. The Family Mental Health Service for Counties Manukau District is based at 7 Springs Road, East Tamaki. We are a multidisciplinary service providing clinics onsite and in the community. The team aims to provide and co-ordinate a consultation and liaison service in partnership with the Ministry of Education. This is for children aged 4 to 8 years inclusive with conduct and behaviour problems. The main function of the mental health practitioner would be to assist in developing and implementing a family/whaanau-based support plan for at-risk family/whaanau, with a special focus on the parenting supports. The role will also include contributing to multidisciplinary Mental Health Assessments and treatment recommendations for children and their family/whaanau to the Inter-agency Behaviour Team.
The successful candidate will be largely based at the local Ministry of Education Botany office, with close links with Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). This position will incorporate a liaison role along with other responsibilities as described in the job description.
You will need to have:
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to be able to liaise and build relationships with a wide range of services and professionals.
- Experience in (or a desire to learn about) child mental health, and especially parenting, is preferred.
- Registration and current APC with the New Zealand Social Worker Board
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Social Worker
- Full, drivers licence
- Free parking onsite
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, accommodation, car rental & shipping freight (T’s & C’s apply)
- Support with Immigration/Visa
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Now”.
Job Number: CMH07709
Applications Close: 18 October 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.