Maternity Social Worker at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Women’s Health Social Worker
Permanent, Full Time
Maternity, Gynaecology and SCBU
North Shore Hospital
We are looking for a Social Worker with a passion for women’s health to join our team. You will ideally have experience working with women and their families. Your will need to have advanced assessment, intervention and communication skills. Qualification in counselling would be an advantageous. The role involves both community and ward based work and includes support for women who are using our Maternity and gynaecology services, or families with infants in our special care baby unit.
The primary areas of focus will be to:
- Case Management for women and families with complex social issues
- Family violence and child protect risk assessment and intervention
- Pre decision counselling for women considering termination of pregnancy
- Grief/Loss counselling for women who have suffered a pregnancy loss
You must hold a Bachelor of Social Work degree and be registered with the New Zealand SWRB, or equivalent overseas registration and be committed to working towards NZ registration. ANZASW membership and previous hospital experience is preferred.
As part of the health care team you will be working with Doctors, Nurses and Midwives to provide multi-disciplinary care to women and their families.
We have a lot to offer you :
- Support from skilled senior staff
- A hardworking, supportive yet fun environment with a great team of experienced clinicians
- Opportunities to develop knowledge and skills in the area of emergency and rehabilitation
- In-house career development with regular in-services, training and education opportunities
- Regular monthly supervision
- 6 months Free Health cover for new employees ( must apply within 4 weeks of starting)
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free 24/7 staff gym
- Discounts at some great companies via our Waitemata Work Perks network
To find out more about the role and working hours please contact Jodi Guthrie Mart on Jodi.Guthrie-Mart@waitematadhb.govt.nz or 021 274 0587.
To view a copy of the position description, please click here.
Please apply online.
Job number: WDHB16604
Closing Date: 1st December 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.