Wheelchair And Seating Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity for Occupational Therapists’ or Physiotherapists’
- Work within our dynamic, multidisciplinary Mobility Solutions team
- On-the-job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities
- Visa and Relocation support are on offer for suitable candidates
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for experienced Occupational Therapists OR Physiotherapists to join our Community and Long-Term Conditions directorate. We have both part-time and full-time permanent roles - full-time (40 hours/week). The roles are based at Pt Chevalier Clinical Centre.
- Provide comprehensive assessments of clients’ mobility and seating needs
- Regularly travel across our Auckland region to visit clients in their homes, schools and community
- Utilize the latest equipment and technology in our onsite workshop for customisations to chairs and equipment
- Be challenged in this hands-on role to think creatively in developing tailored solutions for best practice outcomes for clients
- Set mobility goals with clients including continuous evaluations and recommendations for mobility and seating solutions
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- Work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high-quality and effective services
- On-the-job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
The Mobility Solutions team are a client-focused, motivated and creative group of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, technicians and support staff who assist people of all ages and abilities to achieve their mobility and positioning goals.
To view the position descriptions:
Wheelchair and Seating Therapist – Click here.
Senior Wheelchair and Seating Therapist - Click here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Have New Zealand registration as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 2+ years of post-graduate clinical work experience as an OT / PT
- Full, clean New Zealand drivers’ licence
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working in a wheelchair and seating advantageous
- Credentialed or underway with the credentialing process for WMPML1 or WMPML2 advantageous
For more information about this role please contact Lisa Swann (Service Lead) at LSwann@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to have a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieve equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state-of-the-art facilities and provide our services from three sites – Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Point Chevalier Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations –and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range for OT/PT: $63,135 to $89,701 depending on experience
Salary Range for senior OT/PT: $87,192 - $98,499 depending on experience
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Please do not delay your application as we screen applications as they come through and may close the applications as soon as we have a good pool of candidates for the role.
If you have any queries about accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Vaidehi Sharma - Recruitment Consultant at Vaidehis@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #PTC00081 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.