Mental Health Nurse Team Leader, ART at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mental Health Team Leader / Registered Nurse, ART
0.8 FTE, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a Team Leader/Registered Nurse, for the Acute Response Team (ART). The role presents a phenomenal opportunity to make a positive difference. Suitably qualified Allied Health professionals will be considered for the role.
He korero mō te tūranga - About the Role
This role is responsible for leading a team of registered clinicians (nursing & allied health) to facilitate the delivery of effective 24/7 acute response services ensuring quality clinical care and a safe journey across the care continuum for consumers/tāngata whaiora who present in crisis.
The Team Leader is responsible for the day to day management of staff and resources for the delivery of crisis intervention across the Lakes area. The successful candidate will have proven skills in providing specialist care, expertise and clinical leadership which includes advanced assessment, planning, clinical interventions and evaluation through patient contacts and advice on complex clinical issues.
The Team Leader will form part of a culturally responsive workforce focused on building whakawhānaungatanga and relationships and will walk alongside tāngata whai ora (Service users) and theirr whānau and family on their wellbeing journey.
The role will report to the Clinical (Nurse) Managers for the Adult Community Mental Health and Addictions Services (MH&A), Rotorua & Taupo. You will be expected to provide regular updates and reports on progress to attaining key deliverables, monitoring and appropriate escalation of risks and issues and capturing lessons learned. There is also an expected clinical component to your role.
· Monday to Friday / business hours
· Permanent, part-time (32 hours per week)
He korero mōu - About You
You should have
· A commitment to being a good Te Tiriti partner in all your actions. This includes an understanding of the significance of and obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and the ability to apply Te Tiriti principles in a meaningful way in this role
· Excellent ability to form a therapeutic alliance and leaderships skills, as well as the ability to work effectively in a team
· A full driver’s license
You will be
· An experienced Mental Health professional with current registration
· Well experienced in working with community, across the age spectrum
· Adaptable and able to pivot within a rapidly changing environment
Ko ngā painga o te tūranga – Our Benefits
· Career development
· Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference for the Lakes community
· Be a valued member of an interdisciplinary team
· Discounts (with local businesses)
· Work-life balance and an outdoor playground on your doorstep
Ngā uaratanga mō a mātou mahi – Our Values
Our people live our values which underpin the way in which we support our communities. It is important to us when recruiting, to recruit new colleagues who share in our values:
· Manaakitanga - respect and acknowledgment of each other’s intrinsic value and contribution
· Integrity - truthfully and consistently acting collectively for the common good
· Accountability - collective and individual ownership for clinical and financial outcomes and sustainability
The role will be based in Rotorua, but covers both ART teams (Rotorua and Taupo based). It is essential that applicants are based within the region as the role is not suitable for remote work.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
If this sounds like you, apply online now via https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/
To be eligible to work at Te Whatu Ora Lakes, you must be fully vaccinated.
Salary – senior scales as per relevant MECA
Korero taunaki – About Us
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of 110,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.