Psychiatrist/ GP - Addiction Medicine Specialist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough, Nelson Region
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks an experienced Psychiatrist/ GP or Medical Officer - Addictions Medicine to join the department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Permanent, full-time 1.0FTE (80 hours a fortnight)
- No On-call
- Addiction team, Nelson, NZ
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this
The successful applicant will:
- Provide addiction medicine services to patients with alcohol and drug use disorder especially those with significant co-existing health disorders or opioid dependency.
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including psychiatrists, mental health nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, and social workers.
- Have a passion for delivering high quality, evidence based, culturally responsive and effective healthcare.
- Enjoys working collaboratively in partnership with multiple agencies.
- Have leadership potential for further developing the addiction service to achieve the best health outcomes for patients.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring your addiction medicine expertise to the wider mental health team to develop the capacity of our services and contribute to advanced care of the population in the Nelson region.
- Provide quality treatment to individuals having both substances use disorders and other significant mental health disorders.
- Have three years of experience assessing and managing the medical complications of addictive disorders and implementing a range of treatments in addiction environments.
- Have up-to-date knowledge of current research, treatments, and guidelines relating to major addition mental health issues.
- Have some experience in liaison / consultation with other agencies, e.g., working with community services such as GPs, social workers, and addiction support workers.
- Hold Fellowship or Membership of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practicing Certificate and Vocational Registration of Psychiatry, or equivalent with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature - s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/, https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
Ā mātou rōpū (About
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals, but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team, and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I
For general enquiries please contact Athena.firstname.lastname@example.org, 0224193201.
For more information or informal discussions please contact:
- Rita Van Iddekinge- Operational Support Manager, Rita.vanIddekinge@nmdhb.govt.nz, or
- Clara Breeze - Service Manager, Clara.Breeze@nmdhb.govt.nz, or
- Neil Yorke - Head of Department, Neil.Yorke@nmdhb.govt.nz
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.