Whānau Engagement Coordinator, Fixed Term - Waitematā at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Whānau Engagement Coordinator – Auckland & Waitematā Districts
Full or Part-Time
We are seeking a Whānau Engagement Coordinator within the Māori Health Pipeline team, this role will contribute to a range of equity-focused projects, ensuring clinically and culturally appropriate care. You will be given the opportunity to work on diverse initiatives, including HPV self-testing, lung cancer screening and Hep C treatment.
- Collaborate with project teams for planning and quality enhancement across multiple projects.
- Uphold a whānau-centric approach in all project designs and executions.
- Foster positive engagement experiences across different health initiatives.
- Design strategies that align with whānau experiences and cultural values.
- Experience in patient and whānau engagement.
- Background in project coordination, quality improvement, and culturally safe practice.
- Knowledge of Māori, Pacific Island communities, and understanding Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Basic proficiency in te reo Māori and Tikanga Māori, with a commitment to growth
- Prior experience in the health sector and/or with Iwi and hapū is an advantage.
For a detailed position description, click here. For inquiries, contact Scott Abbot, GM Māori Health Pipeline: Scott.Abbot@waitematadhb.govt.nz. For application assistance, email Sarah Kneller, Recruitment Consultant: Sarah.Kneller@waitematadhb.govt.nz
Job Number: WDHB16566
Closing date: 9 October 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.