Registered Nurse - Oncology/Haematology at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Registered Nurse - Oncology/Haematology
Come enjoy a great work-life balance in New Zealand.
Now is your chance - it has never been easier!
- Adult Oncology - Blood & Cancer Service, Auckland City Hospital
- Paediatric Oncology - New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital, Starship Child Health
- Competitive salary with great relocation package!
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have opportunities for registered nurses with recent acute nursing experience, excellent communication skills and an overriding passion for delivering high quality patient care to either children (Starship Child Health) or adults (Adult Oncology - Blood & Cancer Service) with a diagnosis of cancer.
Ideally, you will come from an oncology, haematology or medical nursing background and must have a minimum of 2 years post-graduate nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
Starship's Blood & Cancer Centre provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment and long term follow-up for children and adolescents with cancer and non-malignant haematological conditions. The service provides a comprehensive Haemopoietic Stem Cell (Bone Marrow Transplant and CORD) Transplant service for New Zealand. The service also works alongside The Child Cancer Foundation, Canteen and Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand who provide support to children diagnosed with cancer and their families. Please click here for more information.
Our service is part of the Regional Cancer and Blood Service at Auckland City Hospital. Our teams are specialists in providing care in haematology, medical oncology and radiation oncology. We are here to ensure that you get the best care with the best possible outcome for you and your whānau.
Please click here for more information.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council
- have a focus on caring for the wellbeing of tamariki and whānau
- demonstrate well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for or want to develop your child health nursing skills
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s National Health Service. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, onsite fitness classes and access to healthy activities that support our hauora.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations .
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHBoncologyUK2023 discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.