Registered Nurse, Te Aka, Mason Clinic at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora - Waitemata
- Permanent full-time position
- 1 FTE (40 hours per week)
- Pt Chevalier based
- Mason Clinic Regional Forensic Psychiatry Service – Te Tari Kaupapa Māori
At the heart of Te Whatu Ora Waitemata is our promise of ‘best care for everyone’. This promise statement is the articulation of our three-fold purpose to:
- promote wellness,
- prevent, cure and ameliorate ill health and
- relieve the suffering of those entrusted to our care.
At the heart of our values is the need for all of us to reflect on the intrinsic dignity of every single person that enters our care. It is a privilege to be able to care for Tangata whai i te ora, whānau and our community, a privilege that is sometimes overlooked in our day to day work.
Our standards and behaviours serve as a reminder to us all about how we are with our Tangata whai i te ora and with each other.
About Auckland Regional Forensic Psychiatry Services (Mason Clinic)
The Mason Clinic’s vision, mission and values are inclusive; founded on a therapeutic commitment to patients, their family and the community. Mason Clinic is a secure unit, located in Point Chevalier and provides integrated forensic mental health services to the northern region’s courts, prisons and general mental health services
The service catchment area for general mental illness is from the Bombay Hills to the top of the North. Offenders with an intellectual disability catchment is from Taupō to the top of the North Island.
This position will be based in our Kaupapa Māori Unit, Te Aka. Te Aka is a medium secure unit that is a mixed gender unit.
Purpose of the role
Our inpatient services consist of seven forensic mental health inpatient units and an intellectual disability unit that assess, treat and assist in the recovery of people with mental illness or intellectual disability who have committed a criminal offence or are at high risk in the community.
We continue to develop the services for the future and are looking to recruit a Registered Mental Health Nurse into a full FTE position. In this role, you will provide nursing care of the highest quality in accordance with the Nursing Council of New Zealand scope of practice (Registered Nurse) and the WDHB Professional Development and Recognition Plan – level 2, competent registered nurse.
What we are looking for,
- Qualified Registered Nurse with at least Level 2 Competent New Zealand Registered Nurse
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Hold a current APC and the scope to work in Mental Health
- Current and Full Driver Licence
- Knowledge and experience of the nusing role within a forensic mental health setting
- Cultural Awareness and a commitment to biculturalism
- Understanding of interest in Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori
- Knowledge and experience in delivering care encompassing Māori health models
For a copy of the Job Description please click here
If this sounds like you then click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of this page or apply on our website www.wdhbcareers.co.nz and enter Job Number WDHB16385.
For queries regarding the position, contact Zita Dick (09) 815 5150 or for more information on the recruitment process please contact Katherine Shinhama on (09) 442 7248.
Position Number: WDHB16385
Closing Date: 3 October 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.