Community Registered Mental Health Nurse at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Hutt Valley
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Valley Hospital
Service: Hutt South Team Community Mental Health and Addiction Services (CMHA&AS)
Contract: Full time/Part time permanent
Salary: $66,570 - $95,340 (Step 1 - 8) PSA Salary dependant on experience pro rata for part time
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We have part time/fulltime vacancies for a motivated and enthusiastic Registered Mental Health Nurse to join our integrated multi-disciplinary team. You will be working with an experienced team who strive to provide high quality care to tangata whaiora family/whanau that may require access to mental health and addiction services.
You will be expected to
- Work with people with experiencing Moderate to Severe Mental Health Issues
- Undertake Mental health assessment and planning (including risk assessment)
- To provide care, treatment and support to a diverse client caseloads
- Participate in and contribute to Multidisciplinary Team discussions
- Participate in ongoing quality service improvement.
Work Skills & Experience
- Undertake Mental Health comprehensive assessments and risk management plans
- Able to work autonomously and contribute to the MDT discussions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and skilled in developing relationships with a variety of other professionals
- Registered with New Zealand Nursing Council
- Experience working with people experiencing moderate to severe mental health issues
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
If you are ready to work in a team that recognises the importance of humour, compassion and self-care and able to deliver exceptional service? We are looking for you.
We are a community based service covering the Lower Hutt geographical area. We offer an exciting supportive work environment. You will be working with/alongside an experienced team who strive to provide high quality care to tangata whaiora family/whanau requiring access to mental health and addiction services.
Hutt South Team is made up of colleagues who have a range of clinical skills, engaged and passionate about working alongside people experiencing moderate to severe mental health. We offer an exciting and collegial work environment and provide support with your portfolio and on-going professional development. We also provide opportunities to work in a variety of clinical settings.
Moū - About you
- You will have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be passionate about delivering high quality care to a diverse population with complex mental health and addiction needs
- A good sense of humour and flexibility
- Can work autonomously as well as working as a team member
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships within the team and also the service
- Ideally two or more years of mental health experience in a New Zealand Health setting
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley District, we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Please note - when selecting the apply now - you will be directed to the Te Whatu Ora Hutt to apply.
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.