Qualified Anaesthetic Technician / ODP at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Embark on your career journey in our renowned facilities with one of the most experienced Anaesthetic teams in the region!
- Grow and develop your skillset and work to the full scope of practice
- Registration with the New Zealand Medical Science Council with a current practicing certificate (or ability to obtain) is essential.
- Competitive relocation package and additional hourly allowance available
We are on the search for experienced Qualified Anaesthetic Technicians/ODPs to play a vital role in delivering high-quality healthcare services to our valued tāngata whaiora. Whether you are looking for permanent full time, part time or casual work, we have a role for you!
As an accredited training hospital with an acute hospital status, a career with us means you - ll be involved in the training of Anaesthetic Technicians and be exposed to a wide variety of cases including acute and trauma. Te Whatu Ora, Waitaha has a commitment to your professional developments and will ensure you stay at the forefront of the Anaesthetic Technician field with support from our caring and friendly team.
If you like variety in your job, our Operating Theatres are across multiple sites (Christchurch Campus - Public, Women - s and Waipapa and Burwood Hospital) which means no two days are the same. Christchurch Campus is situated in town next to our beautiful Hagley Park and in spring you can walk under the blossoms. If your shift is at Burwood Hospital, you - ll be able to head down to New Brighton Beach for an after-work swim or cruise around Bottle Lake Forrest.
With nature and adventure on the doorstep, a revitalised city centre, short commutes, affordable housing, quality education and tons of opportunity for career growth, life in Christchurch offers a work-life balance that is top notch.
Moving to Christchurch means a better work life balance. We boast 2143 hours of annual sunlight, 14 ski areas, 35 wineries, 350km of walking tracks, 700+ gardens and parks, and an average of 19 mins commute time.
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide professional, technical and clinical assistance to Anaesthetists;
- Provide safe administration of anaesthesia to patients;
- Anticipate problems and exceptional patient care;
- Co-ordinate documentation to ensure the patient receives effective care;
- Mentoring trainee Anaesthetic Technicians.
We are also offering an additional hourly allowance of $5.20 per hour for the next couple of months - contact us via email if you would like further information.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- A recognised qualification within New Zealand or international equivalent;
- Registration with the Medical Sciences Council or eligibility to obtain;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Motivated to embrace challenges and change.
Please follow this link to find out more about the MSCNZ registration process for an overseas qualified Anaesthetic Technician: https://www.mscouncil.org.nz/
Te Whatu Ora, Waitaha can provide the successful applicants with:
- Reimbursement of Registration with MSCNZ and APC fees
- Contribution towards relocation costs
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua. -
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Contact Richard Pattenden, Anaesthetic Technician Team Leader Richard.Pattenden@cdhb.health.nz for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our
careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.