Anesthetists with Intensive Care skillsets - Permanent at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough, Nelson Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Nelson
Marlborough seeks two experienced Anaesthetists with Intensive Care skillsets
to join our team. -
- 2x Permanent part time 0.75FTE (60 hours a fortnight)
- Join a team of talented individuals who work together to make a positive difference
- Make a lifestyle choice - live and work in one of the most beautiful regions
- Nelson hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana
ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful candidates will
- Join a team of 3 Anaesthetists with Intensive Care skills and 2 Intensivists.
- Work within both Anaesthesia and Intensive Care teams, however, the main proportion of time will be in the ICU environment.
- Participate in an Intensive Care daytime roster and an
Intensive Care after-hours 1:7 on call roster.
Our ICU is working towards CICM level 2 ICU accreditation. The FTE allocated allows any clinical time not undertaken in the ICU environment to be undertaken across daytime anaesthesia, with a supportive anaesthesia team of 15.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal candidates will
- Bring clinical expertise to a smaller provincial hospital and enjoy the lifestyle the region has to offer.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practicing Certificate with a vocational scope of Anaesthesia with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Hold Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA), or equivalent.
- Have essential senior experience in providing Intensive Care for patients with acute, severe, and life-threatening conditions.
Our success is as a whole - teamwork is integral to ICU. Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. A strong sense of community and belonging is reflected in everything we do. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you! -
Ngā huanga o tēnei
mahi - (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
The Nelson region, at the top of the South Island, has a reputation as the Sunshine Capital of New Zealand and is considered a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent. Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature - s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/ and https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries, please contact our recruitment team SMO.Recruitment@nmdhb.govt.nz or +64 3 539 5777.
For role specific information please
-Gillian Champion - Manager Peri-Operative/ICU/Dental Services, - Gillian.Champion@nmdhb.govt.nz,
-Gill Hood, HOD Intensive Care, Gill.Hood@nmdhb.govt.nz, or
-Dr Matt Scott, HOD Anaesthesia, email@example.com
Keen to apply now, please fill in our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Application via email is not considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: Open until filled.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.