Team Leader Solution Architecture at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Technology Services and Solutions
Branch: Organisational Capability and' Services
Salary: $114,312 - $153,245
He Pou Aronui / Organisational Capabilities and Services
Working at Te Tari Taiwhenua, the Department of Internal Affairs, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We are on a journey of building modern digital platforms. We do this by putting customers and their whānau at the heart to deliver services in a more joined up, effective way and provide better response to our customers' changing needs and expectations.
Te Ara Matihiko, Technology Services and Solutions sits within He Pou Aronui, the Organisational Capability and Services branch, which leads the Department's technology strategy and provide insights and advice to help maximise business outcomes from technology investment. The "Way We Work" is collaborative, productive, and future-focused.
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader, to manage delivery of high-quality ICT architectures that are consistent with DIA's Enterprise Architecture and ICT direction, to deliver strategic business outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key internal stakeholders and users of Architecture services
- Management of the efficient supply of project-critical contract resources when these are not available internally
- Supporting the Manager Solution Architecture to ensure that the team has people to meet current and future client requirements through effective recruitment, development, succession planning and retention
- Proactively mentoring, coaching and supporting people in the team are motivated, engaged and clear on their role, function, goals/outcomes
- Support the Manager Solution Architecture to promote effective change implementation to enable team members to own changes and see them as positive
- With the Manager Solution Architecture, monitor change uptake across teams, identify both opportunities for improvement, problems and issues which impact on the sustainability of change, and develop strategies for these
We need someone who has:
- Team leadership experience with a high achieving team, motivating and lifting team practice and performance
- A proven track record in a leadership role in a service orientated organisation, dealing with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to prioritise a work programme, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high attention to detail and quality
- Experience operating in complex environments with multiple objectives and clients
- Experience across the project and the solution development lifecycles (functional & non functional)
- Experience with solution/technical architecture particularly in the government sector and/or a service-oriented environment is desirable
- Extensive ICT experience
We can offer you a role that will foster your talents within a diverse team of Architects and allow you to work with a range of business units involved in some incredibly interesting changes. We have a well-established collaborative Solution Architecture Practice, committed to support each other to succeed. If you want to join a team of smart, committed people who do some spectacular work for New Zealand - then make sure you get in touch.
Applications close: 5pm, 15 September 2023.
For more information please contact: Mike Nelson, Mike.Nelson@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job descri'ption, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.