Registered Midwives - Women's Health Service, South Auckland, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- If you are looking for incredible job satisfaction and in a setting which rewards supports and values midwifery , we are looking for you
- Join our collaborative, highly energetic team and be part of creating a vision for our future
Come work in a midwifery driven environment that strives to meet the needs of our mama, pepe and whaanau as well as our midwives’ passion and drive to give outstanding care that is second to none.
Our values of Whakawhanaungatanga (Valuing everyone), Manaakitanga (Kindness), Kotahitanga (Together) and Rangatiratanga (Excellence) support our desire to meet the needs of a diverse and wonderful community.
Te Whatu Ora-Counties Manukau has the highest birthing population of any district in New Zealand with 7,720 women giving birth in the region during 2019 (inclusive of private birth units and homebirths) so there is wide variety of experience to be gained.
You will be challenged by the complexity of women birthing in the our region but this in turns provides the incredible fulfillment of making a difference during pregnancy, birth and the post-natal period.
Te Whatu Ora is open to exploring the design of clinical midwifery roles to suit practice across the spectrum of care. Come to us with a great career idea and we will see what we can do! We are here to support midwives in their career pathway development, potentially we can customise clinical roles to suit your specialty interests.
We have opportunities available throughout our service:
- Birthing and Assessment
- Maternity Wards (Maternity North, Maternity South and Ward 21)
- Community Midwifery
- Primary Birthing Units (Papakura Birthing Unit, Pukekohe Birthing Unit)
We are keen to hear from innovative midwives, educators, clinical experts, grads, LMCs, Community based midwives.
Some of the benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora- Counties Manukau include:
- A relocation allowance for those moving from outside of Auckland
- A learning environment focused on supporting you and your career pathway
- Flexibility with shifts and locations of work
Please attach a cover letter stating which area you would be interested in and what hours you are wanting to work.
For further information you can contact Fran Upoko in the Recruitment Centre on (09)276 0044 ext 53449
If you are an internationally registered midwife please visit the Midwifery Council of New Zealand’s website to explore your eligibility for New Zealand registration https://www.midwiferycouncil.health.nz/
To contact the Service directly please contact any of the following managers:
- Christina Mallon, Chief Midwife on ph: 021 956 960 / Email: Christina.Mallon@middlemore.co.nz
- Tanya Wilson, Maternity Service Manager on ph: 021 229 6487 / Email: email@example.com
- Amanda Hinks, Service Manager Primary Birthing Units on ph: 021 494 227 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.