Visitor Host, The Stone Store, Kerikeri Mission Station Ref 203 at Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Fixed Term to April 2024, 2 x part time positions
We are seeking:
- 2 x Fixed Term staff
The fixed term roles are part time – rostered for three days a week (including one weekend day) with the possibility of extra hours where required.
This is a great opportunity for someone special, looking to be part of a dynamic bi-cultural team that is committed to telling our national and Northland stories, reflecting on our unique place in Aotearoa.
We are seeking committed and motivated team players who will enhance our front of house duties, while keeping the site well maintained. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to enter the tourism business and gain experience at one of Northland's busiest tourist destinations.
The roles will include some weekend work.
This role requires you to:
- welcome and engage with all visitors to the site
- deliver guided tours to groups of visitors, including school groups
- participate in the day-to-day retail and customer service operations of the Stone Store, including merchandise display and restocking
- use our computer-based Point of Sale system
- Promote Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga and its properties.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- excellent customer service
- how to be a team player, adaptable and proactive
- storytelling skills and audience engagement
- accuracy and attention to detail
- an understanding of working a heritage environment
- strong awareness of health & safety in the workplace.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for these positions.
Applications for these roles close at 5pm on Sunday 1 October 2023
For more information about the role and how to apply, please refer to our website: https://www.heritage.org.nz/about/careers
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.