Senior Analyst, Economic Policy at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Be surrounded by passionate and curious people, and provide intellectual leadership to assist the Treasury in navigating change
- Work on emerging issues that will affect our future
- Engage with people across both Treasury and the wider public sector
- Join a passionate team making a real difference to New Zealand
Mō mātou | About Us
At the highest level, what we do at Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury is pretty simple. We're creating a better future for New Zealand and everyone who calls our amazing country home. We're the Government's economic and financial advisor, working hard to raise the standard of living for everyone in Aotearoa, now and in the future.
The Economic Policy Team is one of three teams within the Economic Strategy Directorate. The Directorate leads the development of Treasury's medium-term economic and regulatory strategy advice and thinking. We work in a highly collaborative way, drawing connections and supporting teams across Treasury and externally.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to join our team as a Senior Analyst.
As a Senior Analyst in the Economic Policy team, you'll be working on our emerging issues work programme, encountering a wide variety of topics, and positioning the Treasury to navigate and advise on new issues and trends as they impact different sectors and communities in Aotearoa. Your ability to build relationships across Treasury and government in a way that enables you to "keep your finger on the pulse", combined with your intellectual curiosity, will enable you to make constructive connections between disparate work programmes. Your strong analytical and communication skills will enable you to synthesise diverse sources of information to foster new ways of thinking about these issues.
Working in the Economic Strategy Directorate will provide opportunities to:
- Hone your intellectual leadership and analytical skills in a supportive and collaborative environment. The Directorate provides significant scope to bring new ideas and analysis into policy discussions.
- Enhance your relationship management skills collaborating with a range of economic agencies.
- Prepare yourself for a more senior role through stretch opportunities, a focus on personal development, and a range of personalised training.
- Protect and advance living standards for all New Zealanders in a time of rapid and profound change.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
This role would suit someone with a tertiary qualification, with a strong preference for an economics background; and ideally five+ years' relevant experience.
You will also bring:
- Intellectual curiosity and an open mind
- A generous, team-player attitude
- Thought leadership, and the ability to scope, shape and influence policy advice
- Versatility and an interest in working across a range of topics with a range of stakeholders
- Comfort working at pace (when required) and dealing with ambiguity
- Great communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Te Ao Māori and te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) would be a significant advantage, while a willingness to gain understanding is essential.
We encourage applications from candidates with strong motivation for the role, even if you do not meet all of the requirements above.
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
The work will stimulate and challenge you, helping you learn, grow and build valuable experiences and skills.
We know it's a big job and that's why we take such good care of our Treasury whanau. Flexible work arrangements will help you enjoy a positive work/life balance.
The wharenui, at the heart of our workplace, embodies our commitment to diversity and making this an inclusive place that will welcome the unique experiences and perspectives you bring to our collaborative team culture.
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information please contact Talent@treasury.govt.nz
Rā kati | Applications close: 2 October 2023. All applications must be made online.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||[Job Description] Senior Analyst - January 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.